Beauty Trend: Multi-Masking

Not all face masks are created equal; these three masks can solve your skin's problems.

Photo: ELLE 
Multi-masking is a new trend in skincare taking over the Internet and social media. Just check out multimasking on Instagram to see what I mean; thousands of women and men are putting multiple masks on their face to create a personalized skin care routine that will work for their individual needs.
The term multi-masking simply means using different masks on different parts of your face or neck depending on each area's skin type. Is your T-zone oily but your cheeks are dry? Vice-versa? Or maybe your under-eyes are dry but your chin is always shiny? Well, then, multi-masking is for you!
Below are some product recommendations for three common types of skin problems. Combine them as needed to create your own personalized multi-mask.

What does your skin need?

If you have: dark spots

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask: $14.97 at Walmart
Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask
Dark spots on your face, whether they are from the sun, acne scars, or other forms of hyperpigmentation, can be tricky to treat. A mask like the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask can make those pesky spots disappear with a combination of fruit extracts and citric acid. 
The vitamin C in the acid helps to break down the top layers of your skin and promote new cell creation that can fade dark spots in time. The fruit extracts brighten your skin and moisturize. This 10-minute mask also uses natural oils to keep skin soft.
I would personally use this mask on my cheeks, where I have scars from acne. You can, however, put this mask wherever your skin has hyperpigmentation.

If you have: excess oil or acne-prone skin

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment: $69 at Sephora
Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
The must-have mask for those of you with oily, acne-prone skin is a clay mask, like the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. For me, Glamglow is one of the only masks that has ever shown instant results on my skin. After I used the original Glamglow mud mask for the first time, my pores were smaller and my skin appeared brighter.
The Supermud Clearing Mask is ideal for breakouts because the scientifically-proven skin-clearing mud draws bacteria and dirt out of the pores to reveal luminous, clear skin. 
This mask would be great to use on the parts of your face that tend to break out. For me, this mask would be ideal during that time of the month when I tend to break out on my lower cheeks and chin. I would also use this on my T-zone because I tend to produce the most oil in that area.

If you have: dull, dry skin

Freeman Facial Brightening Golden Grain Mask: $4.29 at Ulta
Freeman Facial Brightening Golden Grain Mask
The Freeman Facial Brightening Golden Grain Mask is the perfect fit for lifeless, dry skin. To moisturize and revitalize skin, apply this gel mask where you need it and let it work its magic for dewy, youthful skin. Vitamin C also fades dark spots and brightens to alleviate dull skin.
Papaya and raspberry extracts work with the "golden grain" seed extract to give you a glowing complexion. The area around my nose and under my eyes tends to get a bit dry, so that's where I would apply this mask. Also, it's under $5 at Ulta, so you really can't go wrong with this mask, or any other option from Freeman. 

Now, apply a combination of these masks based on your skin's needs!

You can apply these masks in any formation on your face, but I recommend dividing your "canvas" into cheeks, chin, nose, under-eyes, and forehead. Use as many products as you find necessary for your skin to create a unique mask that will suit your specific needs.

Will you be multi-masking? 

What do you think of this beauty trend? Have you tried any of these products? I would love to hear your tips for multi-masking. Let me know in the comments how you customize your skin care regimen.
 
SHARE

Education

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment